Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hey Fam!

Sorry I didn't send out an email last week..I was kinda busy kuz we were in a rush to drive all the way down to Topsail Island to see the Atlantic Ocean! Oh man..the water was so gorgeous! It was so blue and green and a lot better than the brown that I'm used to..haha..I've never wanted to swim soo badly in my life!

Well..we moved from Burgaw up to Wallace..so now we actually live in our area! Haha..so that was exciting..we had the place so clean before we moved that we're getting free Andy's burgers sometime pretty soon! Andy's is pretty much as big here in North Carolina as Whataburger is down in Texas!..(but Whataburger is still way better!) haha..but Andy's has this challenge that I wanna take..a 50 oz. burger plus a large drink and fries..and if I eat it all..its free! So I'm definitely gonna have to try that before I come home! So right now..because we just moved up to Wallace..we're tracting a lot and trying to find new people to teach! So far we're doing pretty good! The people up here are so nice! We even taught a minister last week and that seemed to go pretty well! Elder Condie and I are teaching pretty fluently with each other and we're having a lot of fun! I can't believe that it's already week 5 of my first transfer! That's so crazy how fast it has gone so far!

So Ruby finally came to church last Sunday! That's so exciting! But we're not gonna have her baptism this Saturday..we're gonna have it next Saturday because Elder Condie and I wanna go by this week and help her build her testimony of The Restoration of the Gospel..that way she'll be more solid when she is baptised! We're also working with this really sweet lady who works in a Funeral Home..her name is Mona Gore! Its kinda crazy how we met her! It started out because Elder Condie and his old companion gave this other lady named Lydia, a Book of Mormon..and then after teaching her a little bit..she got offended and said she didn't want the book anymore..but the Elders told her to keep it..it was hers to read. So Elder Condie and I are talking with Sister Jeffers one day, and it turns out that her friend Mona was asking her questions about The Book of Mormon because she had a copy that she had received from Lydia! So she had been reading it and became a little curious, and knew that Sister Jeffers was LDS so she started asking her about it! So then we went over to see Mona and we taught her an amazing first lesson and she was so excited and so accepting of our message! She was even taking notes while we were teaching her! lol..but we were able to set a baptismal date for July 25th! So hopefully she's elect and will be there!

Soo..another crazy story..we were riding our bikes down Penderlea Hwy..and we decided to stop by an investigator's trailerhouse named Erik..and he was outside working on someone else's trailer when we saw him..so we started talking with him. We asked if we could talk with him for a little bit and he said "Well..sure if you can walk and talk at the same time..I've gotta be done with this trailer by 8.." So we started talking with us and somehow the topic of trials came up and i was able to share with him 2 Ne 26:24 where it reads "He doeth nothing, save it be for the benefit of the world, for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him." After I read him that..he stopped and thought for a moment..then he was like "Ya'll wanna go inside and get some ac for a moment?" Haha..so walked over to his trailer..and right when he opened the door..a big wall of smoke came out! So he ran inside and it turns out that he had left the stove on and the entire trailer was full of smoke! He was like "Man..good thing you guys came by!" So then he turns the stove off and then goes and sits down on the couch..with the room still filled with smoke..and was like.."Okay..teach me!" Haha...we were like umm..I dont know if our lungs can take all this smoke..you mind if we teach you outside!?" Haha..so we went behind his trailer and had a really nice sit down lesson in his lawn!

Well..that's pretty much been all that's been goin down in the screets of Nawth Curilina! lol..well I miss y'all and I'm praying for y'all!

Elder Johnson


Elder Henderson holding me up with his finger

Mount Timp

Sis Crowfoot & me

Showing off my photography skills of the Provo temple

Me, Elder Petersen, Elder Steed, and Elder Baron airborne

Sloan and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment