Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2/23

Sooo...surprise! I'm not in Fayetteville anymore. I got transferred on Tuesday, and the libraries were closed on Monday so i couldn't tell y'all about it. I am now a zone leader of the Apex Zone! (where the Temple is) I cover the Raleigh University Singles Ward..so pretty much my area is the NC State campus! It is so much fun! Campus contacting is a blast! But i think the craziest thing about the entire thing is that our ward meets in the same building as the Garner ward, which is one of my past areas!! So i'll get to see everyone from the Garner ward all over again! The greatest part about that is that Phil Hess, who i helped get Baptized in the Garner ward is getting sealed on March 11th, and now i'm so close to both the Temple and the Hess family! The Lord definitely answers prayers! =) As far as Fayetteville goes, I'm going to miss Elder Petersen a ton! I learned so much from him, and we both had SO many miracles our last week together! We were able to set 2 baptismal dates last week, and they both have tons of potential! Also, the Fayetteville 3rd ward just got new missionaries for themselves on Tuesday, so now my last area only has 2 units that they cover, the Fort Bragg Ward and the YSA Branch. Well..i've finally got my mormon.org profile up! The link is http://www.mormon.org/me/3CCH/# if y'all want to check it out. Well..my new companion is named Elder Farrer, he is so amazing! The Lord has definitely been blessing me with great companions lately! We both face a pretty tough challenge. The Apex zone usually hasn't done too well baptizing and numbers have been dropping these past couple of weeks, but I feel that we're going to see a lot of success here in the near future! One of our District Leaders is Elder Marc Oslund. I took his place when in Fort Bragg when I became a Zone Leader, and I had some LARGE shoes to fill! Elder Oslund is a convert to the church and was a pitcher at BYU before he came on his mission! I'm really excited to have him as a District Leader, as well as Elder Tibbitts who is one of my past companions. Actually..he was my companion back when I was in Garner! Small world..We also have another District Leader with a ton of potential! This is his first time being a district leader..in fact..he got called about 5 minutes before transfer meeting started! haha.. But we're both really confident in our district leaders and we're excited to be able to work together and see some miracles! Well i love y'all and i hope y'all are doing well!
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment