Monday, July 20, 2009

7/20

This week was pretty good! We got a lot done and definitely taught some good lessons! We have the car every other day now which is WAY more effective!.. Especially because our area is so big!

So here's a little story on Ruby..She's had 7 kids and none of them want anything to do with her anymore.. she's been moving around from family member to family member because no one can stand dealing with her..So she was definitely feeling a little unwanted! She's been living with Peter for that past couple of months now and he's pretty much the last person left! There is nowhere else for her to go! It's amazing how many trials she had to go through to get here!

Then when we talked to her about the church earlier this week..She said that she loves it and that she feels like she's finally found her "niche." I just think it's so amazing how the Lord allows us to go through trials, and even though they might not seem like it at the time, they're always for our good! If it weren't for Ruby being mistreated and abandoned by her entire family..she never would have ended up here and received the gospel and all the blessings that come with it!

I'm definitely noticing big changes in my own testimony..It feels like I've gone my entire life..just being passive about my testimony and about the gospel..but now that i am actually applying things..now that I'm actually studying things out..now that I'm actually living these things every second of every day..I KNOW without a doubt..that this is all real! All of it. I mean..I've always known that there is a God..but I've never really known what that means to me until I came out here! I'm definitely regretting that I have not shared my testimony..or taught any of my friends and helped them to realize how much God loves each and everyone of them..and I am dying to be able to do that when I get home!! That's definitely gonna be one of the very first things that I do when I get home because I want them to have what I have..I feel like I can no longer just sit back and watch them live their lives, not knowing what I know..not seeing what I've seen..and not experiencing the love of God..as I have..I know that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God and is proof! It is hard core EVIDENCE that God has called a prophet here on this earth and that the Church of Jesus Christ..the SAME EXACT church that Jesus Christ himself established on this earth, has been restored! I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to share this with the people here in North Carolina! There are so many good, friendly, humble people out here and I know that the Book of Mormon will help them, and anyone else who will read it, learn more and come closer to our savior.

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance, and this is my JOY"
-Alma 29:9

That verse is pretty much my motto..haha..I love it so much! Alma was the man!

Well I love and miss you all! I hope y'all are doing well!

Love, Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment