Monday, November 9, 2009

11/9

Hey! How are y'all!? We had an amazing week and an amazing experience! It started at zone conference, where our mission president told us that there are dozens of people prepared to hear the gospel in EVERY SINGLE area. That really struck me because our teaching pool has been pretty bland lately..but Elder Kearsley and I knew that if we fasted and prayed for it, than the Lord would lead us to one of those whom He had prepared for us..so we did so. We then scheduled an appointment to contact a media referral..out in the middle of nowhere..so we arrive to the appointment last night, and our appointment wasn't there..but then we saw her neighbor outside so we went over and talked to him. We got to talking and he allowed us to share a brief message with him..at first, I didn't think too much about it..but as we prayed to start off the lesson, something told me that he was the answer to our prayers..and sure enough..we were right! I don't think I've ever seen anyone so prepared in my entire mission! We started off teaching the restoration, but we followed the Spirit and started talking about other things..and eventually he opened up to us and told us about a life changing experience involving his friend getting killed..so we were able to help him understand a little more about the purpose of life and he really enjoyed us! Then the more and more we talked to him, the more and more obvious it became that he was elect! He had been prepared by our Heavenly Father and we had been led to him as an answer to our prayers! At the end of the lesson, he was so in love with our message that he invited us to go and talk to some guys that don't know too much about GOD over at the fire station that he volunteered at..he also accepted a return appointment with great excitement for later on this week, so we'll get to invite him to church and hopefully to be baptised, which I know he will be because I know that he has truly been prepared to hear our message and is ready to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that we were truly led there, whether we knew it at the time or not, because this place was out in the middle of no where and we never would have found him by our own efforts! This experience has truly strengthened my faith and my testimony and I'm excited to be out here on my mission where I get to have so many great experiences like that!

Well i miss y'all! I hope y'all are doin well! We get to go to the temple this Wednesday, then transfers are next Tuesday. Please pray I don't get transfered! I love it here..haha!

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment