Tuesday, September 15, 2009

9/14

Greetings from one of the smelliest counties in the country! Haha..so yeah..Duplin County (which is where Wallace is) is notorious for all the pig/turkey/chicken farms there are all around here..I'm not sure if I have already told you this or not..but the best part about being a missionary is when you are riding on your bike down the highway..and a turkey or hog truck passes you..(which happens WAY too often..) but yeah..those are the experiences that make everything worth it, right? Haha.. but yeah..the house of Raeford chicken plant is up the highway..I don't know if y'all have ever had raeford chicken or not but it's a big chicken company that is all over the nation..but yeah..just wanted to describe a little bit more of my area for y'all! =)

So this week we have been emphasising on teaching a bunch of lessons! The zone leaders told me that Elder Kearsley and I had the record for the most lessons taught in the entire zone, so that was really great! We've been working really hard! But we have had a ton of let downs this week..I think Saturday was one of the hardest days for me as a missionary..but those are the days when you have to just keep pushing through and show the Lord that you are willing to work hard on the good days AND the bad! But yeah..do y'all remember me telling y'all about Ray? I've got some good news and some bad news about him..the good news is that we talked to his roommate and he really did want to come to church..the bad news is that..Ray is now in jail for about 4 years..for not paying child support..yeah..it was pretty ridiculous..but oh well..I know that as we remain diligent and obedient, the Lord will bless us and we will continue to see many miracles! Well I love y'all and hope y'all are doin great!

No comments:

Post a Comment