Tuesday, September 29, 2009

9/28

Wow. I feel so old. I can't believe I'm already 20..where did high school go? It still feels like my senior year for some reason..but yeah..its weird not being a teenager anymore, because I definitely still feel like I am and I don't plan on that feeling going away for a looong time! Haha..but what would be REALLY great..is if my age didn't matter and I could just stay out here for the rest of my life! =) I would not mind that ONE bit!! I am having the time of my life out here and seeing so many great things! So according to the zone leaders, my companion and I were the first companionship to teach 20 lessons in a week, which was the mission goal, so we were pretty excited about that! We're having kind've a big party today for our p-day to celebrate my b-day, Elder Wilson's b-day, and 20 lessons, and the Spanish elders, Elder Wilson and Elder Larsen, taught 16, so that was a really good week for the missionaries in Wallace! So last week was our mission tour and Elder Maynes of the quorum of the 70 came and spoke with us! It was great learning from him, and applying what he taught into the work! It turns out that he had a role in the dedication of the Houston temple! I just don't remember what that role was, haha..but he told us a story about how after 8 dedication sessions of the Houston temple and working hard all day long, he was way tired on the flight back and was trying to sleep on the plane..when he heard a loud thumping noise, so he looked back and he saw President Gordon B. Hinckley working out on some exercise equipment! Haha..so President Hinckley called him over, strapped him in, and made him go for a while! It was a pretty great story..haha..

Well I love and miss y'all! Hope y'all are doing great!

Love Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment